Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Wanna horse around?

Mornin' hens!  Is this card a hoot or what?  This is the DH's Valentine's card.  (It better be, huh?) Bwah-ha-ha-ha!  Right up his alley, cuz as you hens know, the DH hates "mushy" cards.  Seriously, if he opens a card and there's more than 4 lines of text, he'll stop reading and his eyes go right for the signature.  No kidding....  


I began by stamping the pinstripes on the card base using Versamark ink.  This added just the right amount of subtleness to the background without becoming too busy.  Then I stamped my horse image twice onto Desert Storm (Kraft) cardstock and colored them with my Copics.   I colored just the head from the second stamped image and fussy cut it out. I adhered it to the first image using some foam tape for a fun 3D look.  Next, I rounded the corners and stitched it to a mat I cut from a piece of coordinating DP, and then rounded the corners on the mat too.  I stamped the sentiment on another piece of cardstock and drew a speech bubble using one of my Spellbinder oval dies as a template.  I cut it out and adhered it just above the horse's head with some foam tape.  I added the heart and striped DP to frame the image and finished by adding some Baker's twine and homemade enamel dots.  I just LOVE how this turned out and I think the DH will too!  Okee dokee, that's it for me today!  I hope you hens have a TEE-RIFIC Tuesday!  {{{hen hugs}}}
Supplies:


4 comments:

  1. CUTE,I think he will like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute!!! I love it and I know your hubby will too.
    You have been busy making cards. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHH!! Seriously LOVE THIS!!! You are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!