Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Happy Birthday Lil' Chick!

Mornin' hens!  Today is Lil' Chick's birthday.  Woo-hoo!  Love ya Dink!!  The DH and I, along with my FMIL, went to see Lil' Chick and Doug on Saturday.  Doug grilled hamburgers for us and we celebrated Lil' Chick's birthday.  She requested a pineapple upside down cake for her birthday (her favorite) so of course I made her one.  We also made homemade pineapple ice cream to go with it and it was AWESOME!!  Yum!  OMG, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.  Anyhoo, here's the birthday card I made her this year.  



LOL!  Isn't it a hoot?  I just love that crazy fish!!  The water background is made with torn strips of vellum that I colored with my distress ink pads.  I adhered the strips using spray adhesive.  This way there isn't any problem with seeing the adhesive through the vellum.  I colored the images with my Copics and added some Glossy Accents to the air bubbles.  To finish, I rounded the corners and added my Wink of Stella glitter pen to the candle flames.  Okee dokee, that's it for me today.  
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DINKY!

Supplies:




3 comments:

  1. Just love this puffed up Fish!!! The vellum idea for the water is Great!!!! I just ordered that fish stamp along with a few other things..... can't wait to get my hands on him, her....
    Thanks for sharing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just the cutest fish! I love it. I looked at your card and straught away thought, how did Jeanie do the background. That is sooo clever with the vellum. Just a gorgeous card, the clean look as you said is so nice these days. You are just too clever for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. Love the puffy fish.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!