Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thinking of you...

Mornin' hens!  Here's a little card I made for a friend of mine who's going through a really tough time right now.  When I started going through my stamps I was at a loss because she LOVES, LOVES, LOVES flowers, and flowers are something I rarely ever do.   Hmmm...  Silhouette online store to the rescue!  Yay!  I did a search using "3D flower" and found this little cutie by Lori Whitlock.  I cut the petals and leaves with my Silhouette Cameo and then added some distress inks to the pieces for some depth.  Then I threaded all the petals onto the brad and lastly the leaves.  I used my Tim Holtz Candy Stripes embossing plate on the white background panel and then cut a red mat using the Femme Frames die from Mama Elephant.  I love how that little red scallop just pops off the background.  To finish, I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap piece of cardstock and adhered it with some foam tape.  


Here's a close up!



Okee dokee, that's it for me today.  I hope you hens have a Tee-Rific Thursday and I'll see ya back in the hen house real soon.  {{{hen hugs}}}

Supplies:
Flower - Silhouette Online Store "3D Flower by Lori Whitlock"; Pearl Brad - Spare Parts; Distress Ink - Tim Holtz Embossing Folder - Candy Stripes; Femme Frames - Mama Elephant; CS - Neenah Classic Crest

4 comments:

  1. Jeanie, what a beautiful card. I love it. It just pops right out at you. You make the most beautiful cards of any one that i know. I check every morning to see if something is new. Your FMIL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. The flower is stunning. She will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous flower. Clever idea. I'm sure you card brought a smile.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!