Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Birthday Randy!

Mornin' hens!  
This birthday card is for my BIL Randy. Not to worry, Randy has a GREAT sense of humor.  Wouldn't do for anyone I make a card for not to have one, right? Bwah-ha-ha-ha! 
I was pretty impressed with how my paper piecing turned out on this card.  The digital image is from Squigglefly and I've been wanting to use it for awhile now but couldn't  think of what it should say.  Any then it just hit me!  Duh!  Soooo, I printed the digital image onto some Neenah Classic Crest CS and then again onto both the striped and diamond DP.  I cut small strips of white CS and made baseboards where the two DP's met.  I added a little shading to the DP and matted it to some white CS using my Perfect Layers tool and then stitched around the edges.  I printed the sentiment and then folded it to resemble a banner and popped it up with a few dimensionals.  To finish, I added some lime green Baker's twine and a button on top.  Can't wait for him to get this one!  Love it!
Hope you hens have a great Monday! {{{hen hugs}}}


Supplies:
Digital Image - Squigglefly; CS - Stampin Up Early Expresso, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Copics; Perfect Layers Tool; Border Punch - Martha Stewart; DP - My Minds Eye - Dream

9 comments:

  1. Too Funny. LOL. I love the base board and great corner perspective. You are so talented. :) Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. I bet he will get a kick out of it. Great details and love your stitching. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha love the card. Happy birthday to Randy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card! Thanks for sharing! Charity C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! I LOVE THIS CARD!!!! This is so YOU! *snort*
    Perfect papers, perfect match and as usual perfect coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your card!! I have missed visiting your blog you are so awesome well will be a weekly stop!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha!!! What a classic card. Well done with the sentiment, it's perfect. Love how you did this card, you are just too clever. Great paper choice too, ideal for a guy card.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!