Friday, December 11, 2009

Retail Therapy

...now that's what I'm talkin' about. Who doesn't need a little of that? Nothing can put me in a better mood than to buy myself a little somethin'. Ya know, a new purse, some new shoes, a new outfit.... Put's a grin on my face just thinking about it.


Today is Bellarific Friday and today's theme was "Bling it On!" using any blinged out medium - glitter, glaze, rhinestones, Bella Baubles, pearls, shimmerz, etc. Now I know you're probably asking yourself, where's the BLING?? Well, it's there, trust me. My camera wasn't being cooperative and none of the shimmer seemed to show up in the photos very well. I decided to go with pearls since they seemed to work best with my image and DP. I also added some Stickles to her headband for a little more sparkle.

I started by stamping my little "savvyshoppabella" from Stamping Bella onto some SU Shimmer White CS. Although my camera didn't do this paper justice, it really has a beautiful shimmery sheen to it. I colored her with my Copics and stitched her onto some Bazzil blue CS. This DP is from Chatterbox and the yellow on the bottom of the card is actually the reverse side of the top. I used my SU scalloped border punch along the bottom edge between the two and added some pearls to each scallop. You can click on the picture and see it up close. I stamped this great sentiment onto the SU Shimmer White paper too and punched it out with my SU word window punch. To finish I tied this pretty blue satin ribbon in a sweet little bow. Ok, be sure to leave a comment below and let me know what you think of her. I hope you have a great Friday and a FABBY weekend. I've gotta WRAP presents!! Oh my.....

Don't forget to stop over at Bloggabella and check out what the other Bella Babes have come up with and the sistahood too!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - "Savvyshoppabella" and "retail therapy" from Stamping Bella; DP - Chatterbox; CS - SU Shimmer White, Bazzil Blue; Pearls; Stickles; Copics; Satin Ribbon; Punches - SU Scalloped Border and Word Window

10 comments:

  1. I love the paper, ribbon, pearls and I can see a little simmer on the cs towards the bottom of your card. Retail therapy is my kind of therapy. What a cute idea. Love It!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh...shimmer paper...what a great idea! This is beautiful on screen but I KNOW it's even more stunning IRL. It's so difficult to capture all the gorgeous shimmer on camera. LOVE the colours too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! Love all the pretty colors....and who doesn't need a little retail therapy from time to time?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, that is my kind of therapy, Ilove that big grin on her face and all those packages, too cute. Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love it. She is so cute and retail therapy is good for the soul (grin). Love the colors andeverything about it. TFS
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. Pretty colors, cool ribbon and wonderful Bella image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Very pretty card! I love the colors and your coloring is fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOOOOOVE this Jeanie!!! The colors and layout are SO fun and your coloring is jawdropping!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's so classy. I love the pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great bling! Well done, and I like the soft colours you've used. It is so not something I would've thought of using.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!