Thursday, November 19, 2009

That's Krafty Thursday! #4

Happy That's Krafty Thursday #4!! I decided to make a tri-fold card and incorporate a window in the front and the image on the inside. At first, I wasn't sure I liked the idea but when I finished it, I really love how it turned out.


This piece of Kraft CS is 12.75" long. I scored it at 4.25" from both sides and then cut a circle in the front panel with my Coluzzle cutting template. I used some Bazzil aqua colored CS for the frame on the front, and I cut it out with the Coluzzle as well. To make the scalloped edge, I punched circles and then cut them in half and glued them to the back of the frame. The window is a SU transparency sheet with snowflakes on it and I couldn't wait to find a use for it. I glued it to the back of the frame as well and then adhered it to the front of the card. I used the negative circle for a mask on the inside panel. This way the coloring is exactly the same shape and size as the frame. This is "Ice Skater" from Elzybells. They have the cutest little stamps and I thought she was just perfect for my theme. I stamped the trees in the background for a little greenery and added a little hint of snow to them too. You can click on the picture to see it up close. I'm not sure the picture does it justice, it looks so pretty in real life. I stamped Happy Holidays from Amuse in Versamark and embossed with some SU white embossing powder. I also stamped some snowflakes on the card front in both SU Cool Carribean and a few in Palette Canvas. To finish, I added some satin ribbon and tied my little card closed. There you have Christmas card #38! Whew!! This card took me over 2 hours to complete! Now That's Krafty!! Leave a comment below, I'd love to hear what you think of her! Be sure to stop in tomorrow for Bellarific Friday! Happy That's Krafty Thursday!

Supplies:
Stamps - Elzybells, Amuse, Cornish Heritage Farms; Lyra Pencils; CS - Neenah Kraft, Bazzil aqua; SU Transparency; DP - Basic Grey; Punch - EK Success 7/8" Circle; Coluzzle; SU White Embossing Powder

5 comments:

  1. Sweet card, the image is darling.I like the non-traditional colors, too. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a window!!!!!!! What a cool card, just love it.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute and very creative. I like the way you did the window and using the circle punches for your scallops. TFS
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the window idea and the snow on the clear transparency is clever. Love the softness of the card - you can just hear the sounds of the skates and the snow falling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is great, I like the window with the snow flakes. Very Krafty.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!