Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hey honey - I found the perfect tree!!


This looks like a tree my daughter would pick out. Seriously, if it doesn't take up every square inch of my living room, it's NOT big enough! All but one year, that is... I have to tell you this little story. One year we went tree shopping and while the man was showing us tree after tree, my daughter spots this tree by itself in the corner and decides it's "lonely" and needs a home. Ok, so it's about 4' tall and about the same size AROUND!! It looked just like a beach ball. So I'm asking her, are you SURE this is the one you want? (ya know, that way we as Mom's use when we're trying to talk them outta somethin') She's like,"yes, we have to give it a home." That's what I get for letting her watch Charlie Brown's Christmas too many times, good grief! So needless to say, I received numerous comments that Christmas when visitors would come by and see my little lit up BEACH BALL in the corner. What can I say? We gave it a home alright, and it made for a pretty good replica of the Times Square ball for New Year's Eve too! *grin*

Ok, on to the card... This is "car with a tree on top" from Stamping Bella. Huh, wonder how Em came up with that name? (LOL) Hey, it is what it is!! I stamped my image onto some Classic Crest CS and colored with my Copics. This DP is from Bella Blvd and it just came in over the weekend. I couldn't wait to use it. I love the mistletoe paper in the background and how the tree paper coordinates with it perfectly. The card base and mats are DCWV Burgundy and I stitched around the edges of each layer. I used my EK Success corner rounder on the tree paper and mat and used my SU Scalloped border punch on the vertical border. I punched a slot with the SU Horizontal punch on the image piece, threaded the ribbon through and finished with some Crystal Effects on the lights and Glamour Dust on the star. Just what everyone needs, a tree that's twice as big as their CAR! (he-he) Oh, I almost forgot, this DP paper pack came with an entire sheet of phrases and labels, so I cut this Merry Christmas out with my pinking shears and added it to the bottom of the card. And that Ladies and Gents (I doubt I have any Gents but just in case), is Christmas card #33. Leave a comment below and let me know what you think and stop in tomorrow for THAT'S KRAFTY THURSDAY! Have a GREAT day!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamp - Car with a tree on top from Stamping Bella; CS - DCWV and Classic Crest; Copics; Ribbon - Stampin' Up; Punch - Stampin' Up Horizontal Slot & Scalloped Border, EK Success corner rounder; Crystal Effects; Glamour Dust

A BIG THANK YOU to all our Veterans who have selflessly given of themselves and their families as they serve our United States of America in order for all of us to live in the safe and free environment we have become accustomed. WE SALUTE YOU!!

7 comments:

  1. I love a good tree story!
    Your card is delightful. Love those papers. Adorable stamp. Have a wonderful Wednesday, hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tree and your story of your little christmas tree, too cute! Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very cool card, love the untraditional colors. What a sweet story, her picking that lonely little tree will give you a story to tell for many Christmases to come.
    And I second your sentiments for our troops and veterans. Thank you to all of you.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card and those papers, and that cute story about your tree. Geat job. TFS
    Thank you to all our veterans, troops and their families. They have given a lot of themselves, past and present. God Bless them and God Bless America.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the paper and the story.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my Charlie Brown tree. Ha ha. Very cute card. I love the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the tree this year looks more like a tree, but don't forget they all want a home, beach ball or not, rolf!
    I love this little image, have it and haven't had a chance to use it, you did such a cute card with it, I like the layout.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!