Monday, November 2, 2009

FREE Snowman Hugs

Happy Monday!! So are you all still tired from all that hoppin' on Saturday?? Whew, I sure am. My legs feel like rubbah. {he-he} But man was that fun! Can't wait for the next one.... Woo-hoo!

So whaddaya think of my little snowman here? My hubby really liked this card so it must be pretty good. He's a tough nut to crack! I'm trying to do some really different Christmas cards this year and I thought a little monochromatic card might be kinda neat. This is Christmas card #27 for those of you keeping track. I'm gettin' there... I picked this DP from Cosmo Cricket to start with and just went with the colors (or lack of) in it. I stamped Snowman Hugs from Whipper Snapper onto some SU Very Vanilla and colored him with my Copics. I used some distress ink around the edges and added some Diamond Dust to the snow and to the punched snowflake as well. I stitched around the edges and added a border using the reverse side of this DP, punched with the Martha Stewart border punch right below the ribbon. Oh and the ribbon, isn't it GREAT? It's from Stamp Simply Ribbon. Love, love, love this ribbon!! I used two sizes here and tied a button in the middle to finish. I think he turned out SO super cute, don't you?

Supplies:
Rubber Stamp - Whipper Snapper Designs; DP - Cosmo Cricket; CS - SU Very Vanilla, DCWV Burgundy; Diamond Dust; Button; Copics; Punches - Martha Stewart Border Punch & Snowflake, Marvy Snowflake; Ribbon - Stamp Simply Ribbon

9 comments:

  1. I love the red bird and the background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, Love this card! One of my favorites! Everything about it is just fabulous! Great Job!
    Hugs, Smiles, and Blessings!
    Hallie <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love snowmena and hugs, this card is adorable and I do like the color scheme. hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, super cute! I love this ribbon too and have it in several colors. I forget to use ribbon most of the time though. hehe
    love the glass hard glitter!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just precious Jeanie. I love that little image. I also love the colours, or lack thereof :-)
    Great card, as always, of course, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love snowmen so I really like this card and the glitter makes it look like snow, real pretty. Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another wonderful christmas card. Keep up the good work.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh, I love this one. Very pretty and Christmasy. That snowman is so cute and that riboon is the perfect touch.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card has such a warm feeling! Great wood on the sign goes nicely with the paper. Having the gold stipe in the scarf and gloves ties it together. The red in the hat and the bird are a great pop of bright color. LOVE the snow as always.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!