Tuesday, September 22, 2009

WISH upon a star!



Well, my wish already came true...
I'm a Whipper Snapper Featured Designer!! {Ok-ok, you know how excited I am but I just can't help blurting it out every now and then) Whooopeee!
I just love this little angel, don't you? This little card uses all three of the newly released Whipper Snapper Design sets by Anna Wight. The angel is from the Spirit of Christmas and I used two different quilt block designs from both the Winter and Homespun Quilt sets.











The angel is stamped directly onto the SU Kraft card base and I colored her with my Lyra pencils. I stamped the quilt squares onto a separate piece of SU Kraft CS and colored them with pencils too. I matted the strip of quilt squares onto some SU Real Red CS and punched the bottom edge with my SU border punch. I stitched along the edges of the piece and adhered it to the card base. The sentiment is actually one long phrase so I just inked up half and stamped and then stamped the other half below. I punched it out with my SU 1 3/8" circle punch and matted it with some SU Real Red punched with the SU scalloped circle punch. I tied on some Papertrey Ink Poppy Red ribbon and used a fine black pen to make the dots around the edge. I added some Diamond Dust to her wings and wand for that last finishing touch!
Now, on to the ornament....



I knew this paper mache' star I found at Michael's would come in handy one day... It fits this angel perfectly!! I stamped the image and the sentiment using my Stamp-a-ma-jig so it would be centered just right. I colored the image with my Lyra pencils and tied a bow at the top. I added the same black dots around the edges as I did on the card. I think they'd make a cute gift, don't you?

Leave a comment below and let me know what you think of them.... Have a great day!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamps - Whipper Snapper; Lyra Pencils; Ribbon - Poppy Red from Papertrey Ink; CS - SU Kraft & Real Red; Punches - SU 1 3/8' circle, Scalloped Circle, Scalloped Border; Micron Pen; Diamond Dust

6 comments:

  1. You out did your self today. I love the star ornament. What a cute idea.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the matching ornament and card. The colors are pretty, it reminds me of patchwork on a quilt. Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of them are beautiful. I like the way you did the sentiment on the card. I love this angel also. Great job.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous gift set, Jeanie! I love how you combined the 2 sets with the star theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. I like the dot detail around the border.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew you would make it, WOW a WSFD. Congratulations Sis. I love the little angle and the hanging star. Teresa(sis)

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!