Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hope your birthday is more fun than....

... a barrel full of monkeys!!! Isn't this the cutest image? As soon as I saw this over at Whipper Snapper, I HAD TO HAVE IT!! I just kept thinking of all the fun birthday cards (ya know, for those boy cards) this could work for. This particular card is for my nephew, he's turning 5 soon and what a sweetheart he is. I think he's gonna love the monkeys.


I stamped my image onto some SU Very Vanilla CS and colored with my Copics. The SU cardstock works really well with the Copics as well as Papertrey Ink and Classic Crest. I've tried all three and I really don't have a preference as to any one working better than the other. Anyhoo, I matted my image onto some SU Chocolate Chip and then stitched around the edges. This DP is from All My Memories and I matted it with the Chocolate Chip and stitched around the edges too! The cardbase is some Martha Stewart CS I found in an assortment pack at Michael's. Not sure of the color but it went well with this DP. I punched a small 1/4" hole in the right side of the image panel and threaded my MS grosgrain ribbon through and tied it off. The image is adhered to the DP with a few SU dimensionals and that finished it up! Be sure to leave a comment below and let me know what you think. Hope your day is more fun than a barrel full of monkeys!!

Supplies:
Rubber Stamp - Whipper Snapper; CS - SU Very Vanilla & Chocolate Chip, Martha Stewart; Copics; MS Grosgrain Ribbon; DP - All My Memories

9 comments:

  1. I love the monkeys. This is a very fun card. Your nephew will love this card.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I love that image. Great job on the coloring.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous coloring Jeanie!!! Really, this is just amazing! You work those Copics like nobodies business! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If those monkey's aren't the cutest thing, really like the colors you used. Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these little guys! The colors are very boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK so, not 100% sure what featured designer means but it sure does sound good and big. So congratulations on some good big stuff. Just think I knew you back when.....Hope you dont forget all us little people. GOOOOOOO KATHY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adorable. Cute Cute monkeys. I like the contrast of the darker brown on the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from da hens!! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Cluckity-cluck!